Boating Holidays in France
Cruise at your own pace on the iconic rivers and canals of France
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to skipper your own boat and explore the wonderful canals, waterways and rivers of France at your pace? If you have never driven a boat or you consider yourself Admiral of the seas, our boating breaks are a perfect way to discover France’s best waterways and their towns, villages with their distinct regional differences under your own steam. You won’t need a license and our experts will guide you through the user friendly controls on arrival and in some instances help you through your first lock.
We have a range of boats on offer in various sizes and configurations to suit your requirements. So whether you’re travelling by yourself, as a couple, with your family or even in a large group we will have a boat that will be perfect for you.
We also offer some great extras, Bicycle rentals are ideal to explore the towpaths and country side or simply fetch your fresh croissant and baguette in the morning. Gas barbecues are perfect to enjoy freshly caught fish (rods & tackle also available for hire!). Other optional add ons include wifi, deck mattresses, cleaning packages, early check-ins & late check-outs and groceries on arrival. Some of our boats can also accommodate on-board heated splash pools that are towed behind. These 2.55m x 3.10m pools can take up to 3 people and convert into a larger terrace area when covered.
Before you leave, we will send you a handbook, a comprehensive waterways guide (if ordered), base location details and map, full inventory and a DVD highlighting security and safety instructions to ensure that you’re ready for your adventure.
Car parking: There’s local parking at each base. While some are free, others are payable locally and we can also arrange garage parking. Please ask us for details at the time of booking. You will be able to temporarily park next to your mooring to load & unload on arrival and departure.
Extend your stay:
Why not combine your boat holiday with a stay in a hotel, villa or apartment? This can be arranged before or after your cruise or both. Please discuss your requirements with our team who will endeavour to find the perfect holiday solution for you.
One way cruises:
You may choose to do a one way cruise rather than a round circuit to return to your original departure point. Most of the routes will allow you to do this and we can arrange a private transfer from your boat drop-off point back back to your car at the end of your cruise. Please ask us for details.
Please check under each chosen region and route to see the range of boats available for hire at the departure base.
Boat capacity and comfort level of each model
- Holiday at your own pace
- A selection of boats to suit your taste and party size
- Perfect for families, couples & with friends
- Easy to navigate waterways and locks
- A wide range of French regions to choose from
- Lots of fun!
French Leave Holidays
- Comprehensive waterways guide
- Bicycle hire
- Garage parking
- One way transfers
- Fishing equipment (an obligatory fishing licence costs €25. Please allow 2 or 3 weeks for the application process)
- Deck mattresses
- 12/220v Converter
- Early pick-up & late return
An all inclusive package is available for cruises of one week and longer. It includes:
- Comprehensive waterways guide
- 2 bicycles
- Cleaning package
- Fuel & gas
- Towels & kitchen linen
- Sailing consumables: this is packaged to include engine fuel and oil, gas for the hot water and stove. On-board equipment monitors usage. This is paid locally and ranges from €5.50 to €12.80 per day depending on boat size.
- Deposit: You will be asked to pay a deposit of €1000 per boat (1500€ for boats over 10m) and €150 to cover the cleaning (200€ for boats over 10m). This deposit covers the insurance, loss of hire and cleaning if required. The deposit is refundable on the return of the boat at the end of your cruise if it is bought back in clean and undamaged to the agreed return location.
- SIXTO GREEN: Sailing consumables includes gas consumed on board (heating, hotplates, oven etc.), the charging of the batteries during
your cruise and maintenance, plus a financial contribution to VNF, the organization responsible for management of the charging terminals.
- Cleaning service: full interior & exterior and interior or exterior.
- Bourgogne Franche-Comté
- Centre Val de Loire
- Grand Est
- Pays de la Loire
An amazing region with a great choice of waterways, full of history, lots of Gothic towns & villages to discover and magnificent scenery – a true haven for nature lovers.
Now that really does sound like a fun night out! Cruise the Canal de Garonne and La Baise River and discover a region rich in cultural heritage and amazing gastronomy.
Discover the winding river Lot and its charming waterside villages, a warm and sunny region widely recognised for its delicious food and wines.
Discover its world renown wines and rolling vineyards, sumptuous cuisine,
beautiful medieval waterside towns & villages and impressive Renaissance Chateaux
Discover three waterways dedicated to leisure cruising of La Vilaine, l’Erdre and the Canal de Nantes á Brest meandering through Brittany’s villages and countryside.
Enjoy cruising on the gentle Mayenne and Sarthe rivers and discover The Anjou valley & the heart of France’s spectacular chateaux country.
Navigate on the iconic Canal du Midi through the waterside vineyards of Languedoc and the most charming villages & towns in the South of France.
To find out more or plan your trip, call us today
+ 44 (0) 1737 452000
Be the first to receive our latest offers
Roll up, Roll up! Sign up now for our news, views and reviews as well as our latest deals and offers.