Charming Cycling Circuit around the Chateaux of the Loire & Cher Valley
Your base for this delightful discovery of the Loire valley region is a hotel located just an arrow’s shot from the iconic Chateau de Chenonceau. Built in 1513, this impressive Renaissance castle bridges the Cher River and epitomises the grand architecture associated with this period. On your two days of cycling, you will have the choice of 4 looped routes to discover the region, it’s marvelous Chateaux and Royal heritage, delicious food and wines. The region offers a great cycling experience for all abilities and there’s over 900km of cycle routes to enjoy on the Loire à Vélo that covers the breadth of the region from the heart of France to the Atlantic coast.
- DAY 1 – Check-in to your hotel in Chenonceaux. Dinner and overnight.
- DAY 2 & DAY 3 – Collect your bike and start your discovery of the region with a choice of 4 loops:
- Route 1 – The Loire & Cher, heart of the French Renaissance – Chateaux de Chenonceau, Amboise and Clos Lucé – approx 45km
- Route 2 – The Forest of Amboise & Cher Valley, delightful countryside and riverside route – approx 30km
- Route 3 – Section of the The Loire à Vélo, villages and valleys – approx 26km
- Route 4 – Medieval Dungeons & Royal Renaissance, Montrichard, Francueil and Catherine Medicis’ Chenonceau – approx 18km
- DAY 4 – Depart your hotel for your return to the UK
Great self-guided cycling routes around the Loire
Prices from £869pp
- Travel in standard class by Eurostar via Paris with connecting train to Tours
- Transfer on arrival & departure from Tours train station to hotel
- Standard bicycle hire for 2 days
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4* hotel – based on 2 people sharing
- Breakfast every morning
- 1 dinner on last night
- Detailed route maps and guides
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Meals or drinks not mentioned
- Cycling equipment (helmets, gloves…)
- Personal & travel insurances
- Optional upgrade: electric bikes – please ask for quote at time of enquiry
You also might like these holidays
On this truly amazing cycling adventure you will discover the fantastic and varied countryside of the South West of France.
To find out more or plan your trip, call us today
+ 44 (0) 1737 452000
Be the first to receive our latest offers
Roll up, Roll up! Sign up now for our news, views and reviews as well as our latest deals and offers.