Corsica’s Coast & Country from Calvi to Ajaccio
This amazing route can either start with an arrival in Bastia on the northern tip or the island’s capital, Ajaccio from where you can enjoy the itinerary in reverse. You will discover the rugged western coastline with its breathtaking vistas and the wild inland “Maquis” – the dense shrubbery that blankets at least half of the island. Along the way there are beautiful beaches, hidden alcoves, small fishing harbours and mountain top ancient villages.
- DAY 1 – Arrival at the airport meet our rep and transfer to the beautiful harbour town of Calvi where you will collect your bike. Check-in to your hotel and overnight.
- DAY 2 – After breakfast, take one of the most scenic coastal roads in Europe to the charming village of Galeria – approx 37km
- DAY 3 – Today’s route really is breathtaking with amazing views of the Bay of Scandola, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Overnight in Porto – approx 51km
- DAY 4 – The day’s stages include the Calanques de Piana, dramatic rock formations that plunge into the sea in the Gulf of Porto. Overnight in the ancient village of Cargese – approx 53km
- DAY 5 – As you continue southbound you can enjoy Lava Beach a popular tourist spot with fine sand. On to Ajaccio and overnight – approx 31km
- DAY 6 – Discover Ajaccio at your own pace. There’s tons to enjoy (don’t mention Trafalgar or Waterloo – it’s Napoleon’s birthplace!) – overnight in Ajaccio
- DAY 7 – Private transfer from your hotel to the airport for your return flight to the UK
Cycling Corsica's West Coast
Prices from £1599pp
- Travel by air from the UK to Corsica (Ajaccio or Bastia – depending on available routes)
- 1 piece of hold luggage per person
- Private transfer on arrival & departure
- Standard bicycle hire for duration
- 7 nights accommodation in a range of 2, 3 and 5 star hotels – en suite facilities – based on 2 people sharing
- Breakfast every morning
- Transfer of luggage between stages (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Detailed route maps and guides
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Meals not mentioned
- Cycling equipment (helmets, gloves…)
- Personal & travel insurances
- Optional upgrade: electric bikes – please ask for quote at time of enquiry
You also might like these holidays
- Centre Val de Loire
Enjoy the delightful countryside of the Loire and Cher Valley, strewn with majestic Chateaux that have been perfectly preserved. The cycle routes meander the region’s canals, rivers and gentle rolling hills. Discover the region’s vineyards that produce some of the country’s most delicious wines.
On this truly amazing cycling adventure you will discover the fantastic and varied countryside of the South West of France.
To find out more or plan your trip, call us today
+ 44 (0) 1737 452000
Be the first to receive our latest offers
Roll up, Roll up! Sign up now for our news, views and reviews as well as our latest deals and offers.