Discovering Le Cap Corse Peninsula
This coastal trail known as the "The Customs Path" has been used for centuries since Roman times offering perfect vantage points over the Mediterranean.
Discovering Le Cap Corse Peninsula
Le Sentier des Douaniers coastal path has been used for centuries by watchful custom officers, offering great views over the Mediterranean. This wild and windy northern tip of the island’s peninsula has some of the most dramatic vistas. This is a great walking route for intermediate ramblers and some of the areas are only accessible on foot or by sea.
- DAY 1 – Arrival at Bastia airport and transfer to your hotel. You will have time to explore the city – we really recommend a stroll around the old town of Terra Vecchia with its network of narrow winding cobbled alleyways and the elegant main square of Place St Nicholas. Check-in & overnight in a centrally located 4 star hotel – with nearby cafes, restaurants and shops.
- DAY 2 – After breakfast you will take a short 30 mins transfer to Macinaggio for the start of your day’s hike. The route will wind around the tip of the peninsula where you will enjoy the hidden coves, beaches with their sumptuous turquoise waters and the beautiful scents of the flowers and fauna. Over 200 bird species have been recorded at the head of Cap Corse (including breeding birds, migrants and sedentary species) such as swallows and martins, swifts, flycatchers, warblers, yellow wagtails, Red-throated Pipits, Mediterranean Sylvia warblers, and on migration Hoopoe, Wood Sandpiper, Temminck’s Stint, crakes, Night Heron, Squacco Heron, Little Bittern, Honey Buzzard… This night’s accommodation is in a traditional 2 star hotel located opposite the picturesque island of Giraglia with its ruins of a Napoleonic fortification and 200 year old lighthouse. Walking time approx 3 1/2 hours – 12km – elevation +210m; -205m
- DAY 3 – On today’s stage you will pass a series of Genoese towers originally built in the 16th century as fortification to protect the island against the attack of pirates. The views on this undulated stretch of the route is truly spectacular. The end of today’s hike leads you to Centuri, built in the 18th century as a fishing port specialising in crayfish, lobsters and anchovies – still a mainstay of the local commerce and a feature of the delicious eateries. This is a very attractive harbour with multi coloured houses grouped around the waterfront. Your accommodation is in a comfortable 3 star hotel. Walking time approx 3 1/2 hours – 12km – elevation +450m; -440m
- DAY 4 – After a leisurely breakfast you will be transferred to Bastia airport for your return flight to the UK.
Self-guided walking holidays in France & Corsica
Prices from £949pp
- Travel by air from the UK to Bastia (Other airport arrivals are available but will incur higher transfer costs)
- 1 piece of hold luggage per person
- Private transfer on arrival & departure
- 3 nights accommodation based on 2 people sharing
- Breakfast every morning
- Transfer of luggage between stages (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Detailed route maps and guides
- The service of a local representative
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transfers not mentioned in itinerary
- Meals and drinks unless otherwise stated in the itinerary
- Admissions to attractions and sites unless otherwise stated in the itinerary
- Personal & travel insurances
You also might like these holidays
To find out more or plan your trip, call us today
+ 44 (0) 1737 452000
Be the first to receive our latest offers
Roll up, Roll up! Sign up now for our news, views and reviews as well as our latest deals and offers.