Thalassotherapy breaks in fabulous coastal locations – Arcachon, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
We have partnered with Thalazur Hotels located in fantastic waterfront locations on the shores of France’s 3 coastlines and the 6 hotels we have chosen offer good travel connections from the UK. Established for 20 years, Thalazur has become a market leader in thalassotherapy resorts in France.
Their natural marine spas offer a high level of expertise. They offer calm and comfortable surroundings with an extensive choice of treatments. Thalazur is a guarantee of quality, natural and ethically sourced products, latest equipment and rigorous health and safety protocols.
Hotel les Bains d'Arguin 4*
This recently refurbished modern four star hotel, set among pine trees, is ideally located just 100 metres from the sea and the long sandy beaches of the Bassin d’Arcachon. The charming coastal town of Arcachon is only 3.5km and there’s lots to enjoy and discover like the natural bird sanctuaries, oyster farms, many chateaux and local vineyards. There’s also a choice of golf courses nearby and the Dune of Pilat, the tallest sand dune in Europe, is worth a visit.
The hotel has 109 brightly decorated rooms with balcony or terrace and offer an excellent level of comfort. 13 Junior Suites and 2 Luxury Suites with their own terrace Jacuzzis are also available.
The “Côté d’Arguin” restaurant offers a healthy and seasonal cuisine with a terrace that overlooks the gardens and outdoor pool.
The informal “La Cabane” tapas bar has a wide choice of snacks and tapas to enjoy on a beautiful terrace overlooking the pétanque pitch.
- Lovely location – long sandy beaches nearby
- Natural surrounding and easy to get to
- Large indoor and outdoor seawater heated swimming pools
- Charming town of Arcachon
- Great for cycling with dedicated paths – Bike rentals available
Thalassotherapy & Spa
The hotel’s Thalassotherapy Institute was refurbished in 2016 and has been tastefully decorated and designed and offers a peaceful space to enjoy your treatment sessions. The 240-m² pool area has massage beds and seats, a water-walking pool, treatment pool with aquabikes and underwater jets, a two-room hammam with a scrub table, double treatment rooms with private jacuzzi. The latest treatment equipment includes floating seaweed envelopment bed, latest generation Wellsystem Spa hydrojets and individual cryotherapy booths. You can enjoy facial treatments, body treatments, slimming treatments, massages, and rituals from around the world.
6 Nights Accommodation / 6 Days Treatment Programme
The Ocean Thalassotherapy Experience
24 spa treatments to eneregise, revitalise and relax your mind and body.
A great introductions to thalassotherapy and the healing benefits of the sea, this package will leave you feeling relaxed, calm and regenerated.
- 3 remineralising seaweed wraps – Applied to the entire body, the hot seaweed allows the organism to remineralise itself, rehydrates the tissues and eliminates toxins.
- 3 remineralising hydromassage bath sessions – Jet hydromassage in a seawater bath heated to between 34° and 37° and supplemented with sea salt crystals. This chromatherapy associated remineralising treatment brings you deep muscular relaxation.
- 3 oscillating shower sessions – The hydrotherapist directs a powerful seawater jet following a clearly defined route. The adjustable pressure of the jet improves muscular tone and refines your shape. According to pressure and temperature, this treatment can be targeted more for relaxing, circulation or slimming.
- 3 fine seawater or seaweed massages:
- Fine seawater rain massage – Lying face down under a fine rain of warm seawater full of marine active ingredients, a relaxing massage is performed by a hydrotherapist. This massage brings you relaxation, remineralisation and deep wellbeing.
- Seaweed balm massage – Lying on your stomach, you benefit from traditional massage techniques. This massage brings wellbeing and relaxation.
- 3 relaxing hydrojet sessions – The hydrotherapist directs a powerful seawater jet following a clearly defined route. The adjustable pressure of the jet improves muscular tone and refines your shape. According to pressure and temperature, this treatment can be targeted more for relaxing, circulation or slimming.
- 3 ocean muscle strengthening sessions (group) – In hot seawater that can be either soft or invigorating, based on flexibility exercises, strengthening of the muscle chains or increasing range of motion.
- 3 underwater jet sessions (group) – Movements carried out under the guidance of a hydrotherapist facing an adjustable oriented jet in a pool of heated seawater. This treatment stimulates circulation, deeply relaxes muscle mass and makes joints more flexible.
- 2 jet shower sessions – The hydrotherapist directs a powerful seawater jet following a clearly defined route. The adjustable pressure of the jet improves muscular tone and refines your shape. According to pressure and temperature, this treatment can be targeted more for relaxing, circulation or slimming.
- 1 Thalaxion sessions – General draining of the body conducted by small jets with temperature variations oscillating between 27° and 37°.
Other treatment packages are also available:
- Thalazur 24 individual treatements
- Anti-ageing treatments
- Shaping & nutrition programmes & treatments
- Expert back care – back pain treatment and prevention
- Ocean tradition – circulation, back-pain and fatigue
- Massages of the World – ancestral massage techniques & hydrotherapy treatments
- Ultimate freedom – 20 treatments of your choice
Please call us to discuss your specific needs and for a quote
Arcachon is around 7 1/2 hours drive from the Dieppe Ferry Terminal & 9 hours from Calais. French Leave Holidays can help you plan your itinerary with overnight stops.
Eurostar to Paris Gare du Nord. The new TGV line between Paris Montparnasse and Bordeaux takes 2.09 hours with frequent onward connecting services to Arcachon that take 53 mins.
The closest airport is Bordeaux and the driving time to Arcachon is under 1 hour. Alternatively you can take a shuttle bus to the station and take a train to Arcachon.
Bordeaux-Merignac Airport has direct flights from the following UK departure points:
Flight schedules change regularly so please ask us for up to date information if you would like to choose flying as your preferred mode of transport to this resort.
Private Transfers & Car Hire:
We can arrange car hire and transfers from airports & train stations. Please ask us for details.
£2159 per person in a Premium twin or double room
£2469 per person in a single room
The price includes:
- Return flights from London Gatwick to Bordeaux including 1 piece of hold luggage and reserved seating
- 6 nights accommodation
- Buffet breakfast AND evening meals (half-board / 3 courses – excludes drinks)
- 6 days treatment programme – The Ocean Thalassotherapy Experience – 18 individual treatments and 6 group sessions
- Daily access to spa area
We can arrange other forms of transport as well as longer or shorter stays for your holiday – please ask us for details
You also might like these holidays
To find out more or plan your trip, call us today
+ 44 (0) 1737 452000
Be the first to receive our latest offers
Roll up, Roll up! Sign up now for our news, views and reviews as well as our latest deals and offers.