The Best Walking Paths of Corsica
Corsica is the fourth largest island in the Mediterranean after Sicily, Sardinia and Cyprus. It has a wide and attractive variety of landscapes to enjoy with granite mountains as a backbone making it a perfect destination for ramblers of all levels. This intermediate difficulty walk is a perfect opportunity to discover the Island’s stunning coastline with its rocky outcrops, hidden alcoves and the olive groves and villages of the inland countryside.
- DAY 1 – Arrival at Bastia airport and transfer to your hotel located in the delightful bay of Saint Florent where you enjoy the beach, swimming pool and pretty harbour with its waterside cafes and restaurants. Check-in & overnight.
- DAY 2 – After breakfast, you will board a boat for a short 30 minutes journey to the picturesque beaches of Saleccia and Lodu – considered as the Island’s most beautiful. This is the starting point for today’s walk, taking you along the coast with its hidden alcoves and the wild inland “Maquis” and making your way back to your hotel in Saint Florent. Overnight in Saint Florent. Walking time approx 3 1/2 hours – 12km – elevation +180m; -180m
- DAY 3 – You will have some leisure time to enjoy your surrounds before being transferred to your next hotel in the coastal town of Calvi. The route takes you through the Island’s beautiful wild country of the “Agriates”. On arrival you will have time to discover the medieval port of Calvi with its citadel and the winding alleyways of the old town. A boat trip to the Scandola nature reserve is also highly recommended. Overnight in Calvi.
- DAY 4 – Today you have the choice of two walking routes; the first takes you to the high hills with breathtaking views overlooking Calvi while the second leads you along the coast to the Revellata Lighthouse where you can enjoy the beautiful coastal landscape of the peninsula. Overnight in Calvi. Route 1 walking time approx 5 hours – 12km – elevation +700m; -700m // Route 2 walking time approx 3 1/2 hours – 14km – elevation +186; -175m
- DAY 5 – This day’s adventure starts with a transfer to Calvi train station where you will board a local train to Corte. The train line meanders from village to village and offers amazing views of the countryside stretching from the coast to the island’s heart with it’s dramatic granite mountains. On arrival you will be transferred to your riverside hotel. Overnight in Corte.
- DAY 6 – Today’s walk takes you through the town of Corte, Corsica’s ancient capital located in the wild centre of the island. It’s a lively university town with lots to see and do including the town’s museum charting Corsica’s colourful history. The walk continues through the Tavignano gorge where there’s some great bathing spots to refresh you before heading back to Corte. Overnight in Corte. Walking time approx 4 hours – 11km – elevation +545m; -545m
- DAY 7 – Private transfer from the hotel to Bastia airport for your return flight to the UK
Self-guided walking holidays in France & Corsica
Prices from £2749pp
- Travel by air from the UK to Corsica (Ajaccio or Bastia – depending on available routes)
- 1 piece of hold luggage per person
- Private transfer on arrival & departure
- Train ticket from Calvi to Corte in standard class
- 6 nights accommodation based on 2 people sharing
- Breakfast every morning
- Transfer of luggage between stages (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Detailed route maps and guides
- The service of a local representative
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transfers not mentioned in itinerary
- Meals and drinks unless otherwise stated in the itinerary
- Admissions to attractions and sites unless otherwise stated in the itinerary
- Personal & travel insurances
You also might like these holidays
Starting in the wild and mountainous Corsican heartland and ending on the dramatic coastal trails over Calvi, you will enjoy some of the most breath taking scenery this magnificent island has to offer.
To find out more or plan your trip, call us today
+ 44 (0) 1737 452000
Be the first to receive our latest offers
Roll up, Roll up! Sign up now for our news, views and reviews as well as our latest deals and offers.